2013 Development Meetings
On Wednesday, April 11, 2012, just five days after the “Good Friday” shootings, the website TulsaUnites.com was up and running. The site gave Tulsans a way to pledge unity against racial violence. Tulsa World readers saw a full-page ad that morning directing them to the site.
The decision to respond with swift, proactive communications in the face of this senseless tragedy was Nancy Day’s. Tulsa Unites received more than 700 signatures to the unity pledge including dignitaries such as Mayor Dewey Bartlett and Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan; church, synagogue and mosque leaders; and Tulsans from all walks of life, various faiths, ethnicities and occupations.
Nancy’s devotion to social justice has earned her many well-deserved accolades from various humanitarian and interfaith organizations locally, nationally and internationally. And last year, IABC Tulsa recognized Nancy as its 2012 Communicator of the Year.
Join us June 19 as Nancy presents a case study of the strategic communications that led to her Communicator of the Year recognition.
FREE PARKING VALIDATION in the Bank of America garage – Bring your ticket into the meeting.
All about Nancy
As president and chief executive officer of the Oklahoma Center for Community and Justice, Nancy has devoted the past three decades of her life to fighting bias, bigotry and intolerance in Oklahoma. In a state with a history of racial tension and violence, Nancy is helping to change attitudes and behaviors through common understanding.
When: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: The Summit Club
Renaissance Room, 31st floor
Bank of America Building
15 W 6th Street, Tulsa, Okla.
Fee: Members $25.00 | Non-member, guest $35.00
RSVP: Monday, June 17, 2013
Upcoming 2013 Professional Development Meetings:
- June 19: “Making a Positive Impact on the Tulsa Community Through Communications” by Nancy Day, Oklahoma Center for Community and Justice (Voted 2012 Communicator of the Year at our Bronze Quill Awards)
- July 17: “IABC: The New Strategy” by Robin McCasland, Dell Inc.
- Sept. 18: Half-day professional development day – more details to come
- Nov. 13: Special International IABC speaker – more details to come
- December: “Gift of Communications” (half-day event) by IABC Tulsa board members and local nonprofit organizations
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.