IABC/Tulsa distributes local job leads s a service to our membership. For more info or to submit your resume, refer to the contact info provided by the employer.
IABC Tulsa makes no endorsements or guarantees related to the information provided.
Customer/Donor Relations Manager – Chamber Music Tulsa
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours:Part-time, with potential for full-time if conditions warrant
Start date: April 1, 2013
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or arts management
- At least 2 years of experience in data management, marketing, public relations, communications, membership/subscriber development or fundraising
- Excellent organizational, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including all MS Office applications, database management, internet and social media applications
- Knowledge of or appreciation for classical/chamber music is a plus
Some local travel and evening and weekend hours are required
Chamber Music Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $15 an hour up to $30,000 annually
Benefits: Up to $500 a month toward health insurance (through Arts and Humanities Council of Tulsa); Paid time off negotiable
- Develop and execute a customer-relations plan.Our goal is to transform our efforts from the traditional model of ticket sales representing the end of the marketing process, to the purchase signaling the beginning of the relationship. Working with the Executive Director and Marketing Committee, this will include:
- planning and executing an annual marketing campaign
- scheduling and coordinating text and creative content with designers
- processing subscription ticket orders, prepare and mail tickets to subscribers
- interacting with the PAC Box Office collecting data
- overseeing the social media campaign
- developing email follow up for ticket purchasers
- overseeing web presence
- tracking and analyzing data accurately and timely for campaigns, including list segmentation, data extraction, lead generation, custom reports; communicating requirements to our online software provider (currently, DonorSnap)
- working with contractors for social media, web, public relations
- maintaining current media lists and distributing press releases, press packets, brochures
- evaluating and optimizing effectiveness of marketing campaign
- staying current with developing industry trends by participating in professional development opportunities
- working with ED and committee to develop and stay within budget
- Assist the ED and Development Committee with donor relations. This will include:
- acknowledging all donations within twenty-four hours of receipt
- maintaining accurate records regarding donors
- developing methods to build and strengthen relationships with donors
- assisting with gathering information, writing, editing and proofing grant applications, and filing and writing follow-up reports
- maintaining CMT office, equipment, files, and supplies
- answering and returning telephone calls, and receiving and responding to correspondence by U.S. mail and email
- maintaining corporate records, including minutes of meetings and other data germane to the legal and historical needs of the organization
- providing office and logistical support as called on by the Executive Director
- assisting with editing and proofing concert programs
- performing such other duties and tasks as needs arise, including concert management or bookkeeping.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Bruce Sorrell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Specialist Senior
This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies and tactics to effectively meet the internal communications needs of the company. This includes developing and sending all employee communications, creating and implementing strategic internal communications plans, writing copy and coordinating communications projects for intranet, internet, newsletters, advertising, annual report, and promotional materials. Please apply online at www.magellanlp.com or contact email@example.com
- Provides writing expertise (consulting, creating and editing) to ensure important messages are communicated effectively and understood by employees. This includes letters from the CEO and other senior leaders, employee e-mails, intranet stories, website content, newsletter articles, leader talking points, employee guides, etc.
- Writes, edits, and/or proofs all content posted on the Magellan intranet and internet websites.
- Manages Magellan’s inventory of graphics and photography, and coordinates new photos shoots of our assets or other photography needs as required.
- Acts as project manager over internal communications projects and is heavily involved in and project manages some external communications projects. This includes coordinating with internal stakeholders to identify needs, and turn those ideas into the appropriate communication medium (i.e. stories, posters, flyers, websites, etc.). Is primary point person to drive the project, provide communications expertise, and oversee all other resources needed to complete the project and ensure deliverables are met as expected.
- Partners with Investor Relations and Government Relations on external advertising projects. Provides Investor Relations with editorial input on press releases and investor advertising, and supports the production of the company Annual Report. Provides expertise on copy writing, and input on design, picture selection, etc. Coordinates and oversees resources such as external vendors (graphics, printing) and drives timeline to produce final product by deadline.
- Serve as backup or support person to the Director of Government Relations and Media Affairs during crisis situations. May assist with drafting and/or editing press releases, media talking points, creation of web-based materials for public, and/or participation in incident response team, etc.
- Oversees and coordinates the planning and communications for special Company events. Identifies team of employees to assist with these events and leads team.
- Oversees contracts and relationships with multiple third party vendors who provide professional communications services (graphics designers, print resources, photographers, contract PR firm, etc.).
- May perform other special projects or duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Communications, Public Relations, Journalism), and at least 7 years of specific business writing and internal employee communications experience. Requires the ability to work under deadlines and tight time constraints. Must be a self-starter, able to multi-task and prioritize assignments with little direction. Requires strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build relationships and work across departments and with all levels of management and employees. Requires project management skills to successfully drive various communications projects and special events. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and knowledgeable in Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Photoshop software. Familiarity with graphics software is a plus.
This position will be filled at a level commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience.
The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers; the ability to work in stressful conditions; the ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows® operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company’s intranet; availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site.
Senior Writer and Marketing Specialist
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Comm-Arts, a 25+ year small but busy marketing communications and advertising firm, has an immediate need for a full-time Senior Writer and Marketing Specialist. The ideal candidate will possess multi-disciplined writing, marketing and advertising skills to accommodate a wide range of client industries and businesses. This position requires an energetic individual who offers strong research and presentation skills and a professional appearance to acquire and retain client relationships. In addition, the candidate must have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle numerous projects simultaneously, and demonstrate the capacity to learn diverse lines of businesses, including technical processes.
Smart, savvy advertising copywriting, writing marketing collateral, scriptwriting and writing for the Web
Market and competitive research
Advertising and marketing campaign concept development and execution
Develop advertising and marketing plans, budgets and timelines for completion
Media buying, including print, Web, television and radio
Public relations, including writing and distributing press releases and media advisories
Collaborate with graphic design team to develop unique concepts and creative direction
Collaborate with graphic design team to develop client pitches and presentations
Manage client relationships to ensure all needs are met and expectations are surpassed
Multi-disciplined writing skills in the areas of advertising, marketing, scriptwriting, public relations and Web
Ability to work in an autonomous environment
Background in producing/directing video, film and photography a plus
A firm grasp of AP style guidelines, traditional marketing principles and strong proofreading skills
Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize projects, and manage heavy workload
A strong ability to develop concepts, taglines, and high-level messaging
An engaging personality to win new clients and manage existing client relationships
Strong organizational and time-management skills
A fearless ability to make client presentations and learn new industries, markets, products and processes
At least 10 years of experience in a writing and marketing position
A strong portfolio demonstrating writing skills in both short and long form
Energetic, engaging personality and professional appearance
College degree in related field and/or equivalent experience
To submit a resume for consideration, please list your name and Senior Writer Position on the reference line and email to Vickie@comm-arts.com.