IABC/Tulsa distributes local job leads s a service to our membership. For more info or to submit your resume, refer to the contact info provided by the employer.
IABC Tulsa makes no endorsements or guarantees related to the information provided.
Fall Internships – Schnake Turnbo Frank
Purpose: The purpose of the Schnake Turnbo Frank internship program is to fully integrate interns in the public relations process and to garner extensive hands-on experience in the field. Interns will assist in research, project planning and plan implementation for a variety of clients.
Qualifications: Applicants should have completed at least three years in college studying public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field. Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Knowledge of AP writing style, basic graphic design skills, and experience with the Microsoft Office suite are also required.
Job Description: Interns will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Conduct research and maintain databases on an assortment of projects. Examples include maintaining media lists, tracking media results, maintaining resource library, obtaining vendor bids and conducting online research.
- Participate in staff creative sessions to brainstorm ideas for current and potential clients.
- Assist staff in managing a variety of client projects. May include everything from planning special events, news conferences and seminars, to proofreading, copywriting and developing creative concepts.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Provide a limited amount of administrative support
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: There are three internship sessions during the spring, summer and fall in both our Tulsa and Oklahoma City offices. For all sessions, STF prefers that each intern work 20 hours per week.
Wages: Interns receive an hourly wage and are paid bi-weekly. College credit may also be available through your university intern coordinator.
Deadline for Application: Fall Internship: July 12