IABC/Tulsa distributes local job leads as a service to our membership. For more info or to submit your resume, refer to the contact info provided by the employer.
IABC Tulsa makes no endorsements or guarantees related to the information provided.
Have a position that needs to be filled?
Postings will be removed 90 days after being submitted. If a position is still open, it will need to be resubmitted.
Digital Communications Manager
National Gas Station and Convenience Store Chain
Chaloner is partnering with one of the largest independent retailers of gasoline products and convenience store merchandise with almost 1300 stores in 24 states across the Southern and Midwestern United States. Our client was established in 1996 as a part of a larger company and then became an independent public company in 2013 when it spun off that organization.
We are conducting a search for a Digital Communications Manager. The position will be based at the company’s headquarters in El Dorado, AR. This individual will be responsible for implementing a strategic digital communications program, developing the strategy and voice for the organization’s social channels, and giving shape to internal and external digital messaging and branding. He/she will manage all components of the online presence and act as the digital editorial lead.
• Assess current digital capabilities, technology assets and social strategy across audiences and business units. Build and execute a cohesive digital communications plan for the evolving corporate brand and seek to actively expand the digital footprint.
• Develop and implement the organization’s social media strategy and manage day-to-day social media outreach, engagement and listening as part of overall marketing efforts to promote the brand externally.
• Oversee the corporate newsroom and other relevant digital properties.
• Design, develop and grow the organization’s digital capabilities by utilizing and integrating new and existing technology platforms.
• Effectively state the business case to senior management for the investment in and adoption of new tools and platforms.
• Recommend, conceptualize and implement digital campaigns for external, customer and internal audiences.
• Report, analyze and interpret analytics; leverage data to refine strategy and implementation of digital and social media efforts.
• Work cross-functionally to assess brand risk and crises related to corporate digital properties; partner with Internal Communications and Corporate Communications colleagues, along with IT, Human Resources and Legal on the development and implementation of digital and social tools that align with overall company goals and objectives.
• Assist with corporate media relations and issues management as needed and relevant.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to continually evolve the design and impact of digital properties.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, new media or a related field.
• At least five years of relevant experience as a digital marketing or social media specialist.
• Proven track record of initiating and delivering content strategy and solutions.
• A passion for technology and the latest and greatest social media tools and channels.
• Experience working with social media analytics and knowledgeable about new media trends, technologies and experiences.
• A solid understanding of how two-way social tools can be used with internal and external audiences.
• Experience implementing new platforms including social tools, company intranets and external websites.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with solid content development and visual design ability. Strong project management skills.
• Openness to monitoring social communities during nonstandard work hours as needed.
• Comfortable working under pressure in a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment with minimal supervision, with the ability to influence action across teams.
• Ability to develop and present business cases for new initiatives.
• The successful candidate will be creative, forward thinking, resourceful and adaptable with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.