IABC/Tulsa distributes local job leads as a service to our membership. For more info or to submit your resume, refer to the contact info provided by the employer.
IABC Tulsa makes no endorsements or guarantees related to the information provided.
Have a position that needs to be filled?
Coordinator of Digital Content and Social Media
Rogers State University
Rogers State University
Attn: Human Resources
1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd.
Claremore, OK 74017
The Coordinator of Digital Content & Social Media facilitates a wide range of marketing and communication projects, adding special emphasis in creative digital content and social media strategies to support recruitment campaigns and other campus initiatives. This position reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing.
Coordinate social media activities and campaigns, including the selection of tools and design processes.
Develop and manage in-channel marketing activities and campaigns that advance institutional goals, as well as strategies that optimize SEO and SEM.
Produce short videos and perform all related production activities using a variety of software.
Produce occasional photographs for social media and websites.
Develop, implement and monitor campaign micro-sites while coordinating efforts with RSU staff, including the development of landing pages and monitoring associated web analytics.
Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer student bloggers.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in digital content and social media.
Experience in higher education.
Knowledge and Skills:
Mastery of social media applications and relevant account management dashboards.
Proficiency in content management systems (WordPress preferred), Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, search engine optimization, and video/audio production.
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills as demonstrated by a well-executed portfolio.
Organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker with the ability to meet deadlines while maintaining collegial relations.
Senior Communications Officer – Digital Media
Walton Family Foundation
The Senior Communications Officer will assist the Foundation’s overall communication efforts by managing the Foundation’s digital communications efforts, to include social media profiles, blogs and website and regularly analyze and report on digital communication performance. He or she will report to the Communications Director and work closely with the communications team and consultants, as well as with program and administrative staff from across the Foundation.
Specific duties will include:
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and execute strategic online communications that advance the Foundation’s goals.
- Work with grantees across the country to capture the stories of their work, and subsequently telling their stories through online channels as needed: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, website, email, etc.
- Manage the Foundation’s editorial and campaign calendars. Collaborate with teams across the Foundation to build calendars and source quality content from a range of contributors.
- Monitor and report on effective key internal and external digital performance metrics and competitive analysis, including initiative launches and ongoing digital campaigns.
- Increase stakeholder engagement across all digital communications channels.
- Management of the Foundation’s website, to include content generation, publishing, design, tracking of analytics, platform upgrades and integration into other services.
- Assist with planning, designing, and populating a new Foundation website optimized for attracting and engaging target audiences and employing an effective balance of information, story narrative, and data visualization/infographics, photos and illustrations.
- Overall management of all Foundation social media channels, to include ongoing monitoring, updating of content, responding to followers and creation of content.
- Create and manage modern, data-driven social media campaigns from start to finish: initial conception, planning, goal setting, executing, monitoring, analyzing and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
The Senior Communications Officer should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A commitment to the mission of the Walton Family Foundation and a passion for one or more of the focus areas.
- At least three years’ experience in a professional setting, ideally with a strong focus on organic and paid social media strategy and content creation.
- Advanced proficiency with website management, social media tools and associated platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create compelling online stories, both narratively and visually.
- A strong understanding of optimizing social media content in order to drive organic engagement; specifically on Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to stay abreast of the latest social media tactics, platform updates and enhancements, strategies and best practices.
- Ability to analyze social content performance and optimize future communications accordingly.
- Ability to be a self-starter; experience and aptitude managing long-distance internal and external relationships.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.
- Diplomatic approach and an innate understanding of customer service.
- Demonstrated competency with graphic arts layout, print and development experience. Strong familiarity with cutting-edge content management systems, Adobe Design Suite, Microsoft Office and the latest trends in digital analytics.
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality for both business and personal affairs.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field required (e.g., journalism, communications or other media-related field).